Anorexia discussion back in bussiness!

20-years-old weighs 20kilos
Today I cam across this picture with the news: A joung woman from Russia (Ksenia Bubenko) weighs only 20kilos with a seize of 1.58 by following her own diet. After she was a guest in a talkshow last month everyone talkes about is. Well it's normal people talka bout it and that it's hot news, but what bothers me is what they also say: On anorexia sites she became a role-model....

What a bullshit is that! First give me some sources!
It happens to be that I'm a member of lots of forums including a so called pro-ana forum. They reactions on this forum aren't as mean and offensive as on many other, but also there is nobody who likes the girl or who has taken her as an example. These (most common) girls do understand this is not normal or healthy anymore, and even they said she has lost it.

Besides that you can think whatever you want about is, but this Ksenia appears really happy to me, so I'm happy for her as well. To be honest I rather hate the way media talks about super obese people. That's totally disgusting! According to them these people are just sad and we should feel sorry for them, cause they just can't stop eating. They feel so bad about certain things that they have to consume 3 buckets of ice-cream, twelve chocolate bars, a bag of frites, a bag of hamburgers and eight bottles of Cola to find comfort for themselves.

The big difference? The fat people are considered sick and sad and the thin people only are craving for attention and sad. The almost only negative thing about worlds heaviest man? Right, he costs the government to much on healthcare.

I think that both cases have the same hearth, these people can't compete with certain troubles in their lives and deal with them in a bad way. One by controlling eating this much, the other by searching for comfort in his/her food. Next to that, you don't get anorexia because you want to have it. You have to have a certain predisposition for this and it's a combination of physical, psychological and social factors.

It really hits me to see how far some cases will go and the way the media deals with it. I hope that I will be ale to help these people after I finished my study as psychologist. For now I have to keep it to giving online advice.

The only question that still rests, what is this Victory diet?! I have a very curious nature so I really can't stand the fact that it's nowhere to find! So if anyone finds it, please let me know!

Click for more pictures, more, more, and more.

P.S.
P.s. Just to be sure: I'm not against fat or skinny people, but against the hypocrisy of the media!
P.p.s. Keep in mind that we are not sure if she is really anorexic.


0 reacties:

Post a Comment